Process development for the Synergen NaCN Plant has progressed through the following stages of world-class testing:
- Proof of concept phase at the University of Queensland Department of Chemical Engineering, St Lucia in 2008.
- Thermodynamic and kinetic evaluation in 2008.
- Design, construction and operation of pilot plant at the University of Queensland's Long Pocket facility in 2012.
- Detailed design in 2013 and 2014.
- Construction of a commercial prototype in Rocklea, Brisbane in 2013 and 2014.
- Installation and operation of a commercial prototype at a gold mind in Australia in 2014.